Unable to connect to 2.4ghz Channel 13.

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
Archaepon

Re: Unable to connect to 2.4ghz Channel 13.

Post by Archaepon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:30 am

OMG (as the youngsters say) I feel less alone! I have battled with Bluesound products for nearly a year. I have reset channels, rebooted, toyed with a different router etc. I have a BT Smart Hub 2 router, which has been blamed for all my problems. It is not the problem; it is seen as a good router by technical forums. I have tried every route to stability to no avail. I am awaiting a call from Bs to try and fix my current 4 a day reboots. Please sort this out Bluos. Sonos is not an option as they will snaction the use of powerline adapters. So................................ :roll:

vlrdngr

Post by vlrdngr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:46 am

If anyone at BS had done a few seconds of Googleing they would have come up with the only correct answer: 802.11 channels only go up to channel 11 in Canada and the USA. In Europe up to 13, in Japan to 14.
https://kb.netgear.com/1027/Selecting-wireless-channels
FYvvM

DSOTM

Post by DSOTM » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 pm

I have a friend who wants to use BS multi room solution. 3 NODE2i. I did tell him that the wireless chip/card is very sensitive compared to Apple TV and so on. So I recommended a Lan solution for him. Is there way he can use a router and use Lan cables. If he has one in the living room and up stairs. It’s probably difficult because he needs a Lan/ethernet outlet in the wall in each place of the house. And then a switch of sort.But probably Mesh from google is the best? Then use WiFi. But WiFi, not good for BS. When I hardwired mine the connection got more robust then WiFi. Tony any recommendations?