Adding a Node2 to a Home Theatre Group

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
dibb

Adding a Node2 to a Home Theatre Group

Post by dibb » Tue May 14, 2019 8:21 am

Dear BS,

I recently bought a Soundbar. I have a Node2 connected to 2 Genelec 8010s as rear speakers.

When I try to create a Home Theater Group, none of my players show up (also not my Pulse Mini). I assume only Flex players currently can act as rear and front speakers in a Home Theatre setup?

Is there any reason why a Node2 can't be added to a Home Theater Group and act as rear speakers (or two Pulse Minis for that matter)?

Hopefully this is not a strategic decision to increase sales of Flex units, but a just a feature that was forgotten and can be added rather easily.. ;)

SeppiE

Re: Adding a Node2 to a Home Theatre Group

Post by SeppiE » Tue May 14, 2019 10:13 am

Discussion here, last post of note regarding the PowerNode. At the moments its just the Pulse Flex.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2431&sid=a9f31ecf9 ... 42659e38ba

dibb

Post by dibb » Tue May 14, 2019 10:32 am

Thanks for the link / reminder of this thread. I see I posted this same feature request about a year ago :)
This thread may be merged I guess?

Good to read BS is still working on this. Hopefully Node2 support will follow soon after PN2 or even better will be included in same release.

SeppiE

Post by SeppiE » Tue May 14, 2019 11:47 am

One thing missing for me is the Soundbar, at some point I must get one. I heard a demo of several products together and whilst I was not going to buy the Soundbar it was by far the best audio sounding product with great bass. The dedicated stand (for me) would also be a great addition.

dibb

Post by dibb » Tue May 14, 2019 1:58 pm

I have been wanting one since it came out, but only bought one two days ago. I came across a used one (1st gen, not the 2i) for about half the new price. For me the new features don’t justify the extra 450€. (But still I think the quality of the soundbar justifies the price)

The stand is definitely worth considering. I spend 4 hours mounting the Soundbar underneath my tv using universal soundbar mounting plates and the sb wall plate. I already have a Cavus rotating table stand, and I must say that the end result is also quite satisfying: I can rotate my tv including the soundbar by remote control. :) If thats not really needed in your situation I would go for the BS stand indeed.

AndrewH
Site Admin

Post by AndrewH » Wed May 15, 2019 3:31 pm

I'll add a couple thoughts here.

in general we have been working on improving the overall fixed groups home theatre experience. More will follow this Summer and after that is normalized then we can look to adding in additional models.

Second we are likely to add PN2/i for front and/or rear channels first (most requested on survey I did a while ago) but happy to update if the general feeling has changed.

Thoughts?
dibb wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:58 pm
I have been wanting one since it came out, but only bought one two days ago. I came across a used one (1st gen, not the 2i) for about half the new price. For me the new features don’t justify the extra 450€. (But still I think the quality of the soundbar justifies the price)

The stand is definitely worth considering. I spend 4 hours mounting the Soundbar underneath my tv using universal soundbar mounting plates and the sb wall plate. I already have a Cavus rotating table stand, and I must say that the end result is also quite satisfying: I can rotate my tv including the soundbar by remote control. :) If thats not really needed in your situation I would go for the BS stand indeed.
BluOS Product guy; Development and Partnerships
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you

SeppiE

Post by SeppiE » Wed May 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi Andrew, just to confirm and save any potential misunderstandings, a Soundbar will be required?

AndrewH
Site Admin

Post by AndrewH » Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 am

Nut sure yet, if I allow the PN2i to be the master, it would do the same thing as the SB, we are still working that part out.

SeppiE wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:51 pm
Hi Andrew, just to confirm and save any potential misunderstandings, a Soundbar will be required?
BluOS Product guy; Development and Partnerships
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you

SeppiE

Post by SeppiE » Thu May 16, 2019 9:28 am

Thank you, a PN2i as master would be very nice indeed.

dibb

Post by dibb » Wed May 29, 2019 7:27 am

AndrewH wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:31 pm
Second we are likely to add PN2/i for front and/or rear channels first (most requested on survey I did a while ago) but happy to update if the general feeling has changed.

Thoughts?
Please consider adding a Node2 as well. Imo a PowerNode2/i and a Node2/i are more or less the same type of devices. Probably from a development perspective, adding support for both doesn't require a lot more effort.. :)