For those with connectivity issues....

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
bobmeinhard

For those with connectivity issues....

Post by bobmeinhard » Sat May 04, 2019 1:01 am

...who also cannot conveniently run Cat6 ethernet cable through their house or apartment, I would like to offer an alternative solution to Wi-Fi of any kind that works very well for me. Set up a "LAN" MoCA network in your house. I have all but two of my seven Bluesound Gen 2 players hooked up this way now and I experience NO dropouts anymore, even on Hi-Res content. A MoCA network is probably right for you if you live in a single-family dwelling that is prewired with RG6 (or equivalent) 75-ohm coaxial cable commonly used for cable TV distribution throughout a residence. It will also work if your condo or apartment has a separate dedicated coaxial cable setup for each unit.

I have five MoCA "nodes" in my home and each node provides an ethernet wired connection at any coxial outlet that is active. The MoCA system can easily co-exist with your cable TV as different frequencies are used by each system. Some cable providers will tell you that they do not support MoCA, but it should work fine if installed correctly.

I recommend the following units:

https://motorolanetwork.com/moca-adapte ... m1000.html

You will need at least two to get started - one near your router (which connects the router to the coaxial outlet in that same room) and another where you want to place your Bluesound speaker or node (which also must be in a room with a coaxial outlet).

Once you have set up this basic MoCA network, you can add more nodes as needed. I have five now and I am regularly getting about 500 Mbps speed on the MoCA network - more than enough for music and video, like Netflix. Your can also hook up multiple wired ethernet devices by installing an inexpensive 5- or 8-port gigabit switch at each MoCA adapter. One more note - don't forget to install a PoE (Point-of-Entry) filter on the incoming cable line - this protects your network's privacy. I tried a powerline network, but for me, this worked much better.

Let me know if you have any questions - I am happy to answer anything I can.

Bob
Node 2 | Auralic Aries Mini | Mytek Brooklyn DAC | Parasound A21 | Thiel CS2 2/B&W 705 | Schiit Asgard 2 | Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro | Sennheiser/Massdrop HD6xx
Node 2 | Parasound Zamp v3 | Thiel CS .5
Pulse 2 | Pulse Mini | Pulse Flex

DSOTM

Re: For those with connectivity issues....

Post by DSOTM » Sat May 18, 2019 9:22 pm

I see your point. But mine NODE2i is hardwired trough a switch,it works fine.

Archaepon

Re: For those with connectivity issues....

Post by Archaepon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:37 am

Interested in this solution. Hmmmm. Is it available in the UK? *looks online*