When will you ever fix the 'Hide', '⌘+H' on the MacOS app?

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
jarigo

When will you ever fix the 'Hide', '⌘+H' on the MacOS app?

Post by jarigo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:23 pm

When will you ever fix the 'Hide' on the MacOS app?

When 'Hide', '⌘+H' you only hide the window, not the application. When you do that, the only way to get back the window is to 'Minimize', '⌘+M'. Then your window shows up hidden in the Dock. The app never hides though. I'm amazed you haven't figured this out yet. Every single Mac app can be hidden so it can't be such a big deal to fix this.

Cheers

TonyW
Site Admin

Re: When will you ever fix the 'Hide', '⌘+H' on the MacOS app?

Post by TonyW » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:14 am

Hi Jarigo

I guess people don't hide their apps as much as we think, myself included, as this is the first I have heard of anyone reporting it.

I have passed it along to QA for further investigation... thanks for bringing it to our attention...
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

phantomtides

Post by phantomtides » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:31 am

I hide apps all the times, dozens of times a day. Maybe I'm peculiar.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that the OP's concern is related to the issue of hiding apps I raised last year in April and again in November: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4753&sid=d7fc174286 ... f26fbb3c53

At that time Tony mentioned that it was on the list of bugs to be addressed.

This is basic; I don't know of any other MacOS app with this bug. It's not the worst inconvenience, but it does contribute to the sense that the development team either doesn't understand the basics of MacOS, or doesn't have sufficient person-power to fix obvious problems even a year later. The problem persists in 3.4.6.

It would be great if this behavior in the app could be fixed. It's frustrating when something doesn't work properly.

jarigo

Post by jarigo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:18 pm

TonyW wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:14 am
Hi Jarigo

I guess people don't hide their apps as much as we think, myself included, as this is the first I have heard of anyone reporting it.

I have passed it along to QA for further investigation... thanks for bringing it to our attention...
Hi Tony, Bluesound crew,

Any roadmap for this? I appreciate that you acknowledge, but will there eventually be any action from you guys?

Thanks,
Jan

jarigo

Post by jarigo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:46 am

Resolved!

Thank you!!

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:03 am

:)
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.