Bluesound can't handle mesh points?

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
AndrewH
Site Admin

Re: Bluesound can't handle mesh points?

Post by AndrewH » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:16 pm

I'll jump in for a moment.

Networking is not easy stuff, either for most people or for us to manage changes all over the world that ISPs and providers do to satisfy IPTV and Gamers. I started having issues a few months ago only to find out that my ISP have turned off Multicast in my router, stating that since my Son was playing Fortnite, and network ping was an issue they made changes globally to accommodate. Whether or not I believe them, I had to enable Multicast and give it back it's high priority.

When we transmit audio around your home, we do so typically in high resolution, and so it runs between 6-8 mb/s, based on quality and type. Add a few streams, run Netflix and you have lots happening in your router.

Our support folks are trained to answer top level questions for hundreds of ISPs all around, so naturally they will start generally and work to more formally understand the issues. But remember it's hard to be absolutely definitive when there are so many outside variables.

We do the best we can, we are good at what we do, we listen and we answer.

Andrew
DrFly wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:32 am
TonyW wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:53 am
DrFly wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:41 am
Why doesn't Bluesound come up with specific Wi-Fi boosters
Simple - we are in the business of great sounding audio and so many other companies are doing home networking better and cheaper than we can. Anything you do to improve your network will improve the experience for ALL your IoT appliances, not just your audio system.
Right, but looking at other users' accounts on the forum, it looks like I'm not the only one struggling with getting Bluesound (and only Bluesound) to work properly in a less-than-perfect network environment, such as a large house.

Many users (including myself) seem frustrated by the support team not really finding the right solution and only offering hypotheses rather than fixes ("try changing routers", "might be your powerline", "you may want to try mesh but can't promise you it will work" etc.), arguing that every network environment is different. The idea of developing your own Wi-fi booster would be to have a one-fits-all solution which would work for every Bluesound customer, in every house, on every network environment.

As regards your remark on improving my network for all my appliances, not just Bluesound: sorry to say, but as many other users with me have expressed, it's ONLY my Bluesound which requires network improvement, my other appliances work just fine with my current network environment...
BluOS Product guy; Development and Partnerships
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you