Flex 2i battery not charging

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
Royce

Re: Flex 2i battery not charging

Post by Royce » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:54 am

We got 3 bad Flex 2i units in total. The 2 we got after that, still work. It was not the battery. Take the battery also with you to the shop so they can test it with a demo Flex or something. Than they can see it is not the battery.

Andre

Post by Andre » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:24 am

Yesterday a test with the Flex 2i with battery use. Played for 6 hours on battery pack.
Looks like this is a BluOS problem. Battery is charging, but in BluOS there is no lighting icon and when starting BluOS I get the messages "battery low".
BluOS version 3.4.3 / Android App: 3.4.0, build number:2090

MrEdgarP

Post by MrEdgarP » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 pm

I also received a flex pulse 2i with a battery pack last week, but the battery also will not charge. It detects that the battery is connected (I get the battery low alert), but there is not lightning icon and it's charging whatsoever.

I'm going to contact the reseller and/or Bluesound support.

Andre

Post by Andre » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:31 am

@MrEdgarP : after charing for about 10 hours (although it looks like it is not charging), can you test if the Flex is playing with only your battery pack?
My battery pack charges, but BluOS shows it isn't.

Today there was a BluOS and speaker update(s). Still no changes in battery pack charging icon. It stayes red, but the Flex playes the normal amount of hours on the battery pack.

MrEdgarP

Post by MrEdgarP » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:50 pm

I will attach the battery tonight and see if it's able to keep playing without a wire tomorrow morning.

Hopefully it will, then it should be fixable with a software update.

MrEdgarP

Post by MrEdgarP » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:36 pm

Unfortunately it didn't work. It just shuts down after I unplug the Flex from the power socket. I guess I'll have to contact my reseller, see what happens.