Qobuz connect integration

Discuss, suggest and recommend streaming services for Bluesound.
DSOTM

Re: Qobuz connect integration

Post by DSOTM » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Doesn’t Spotify have a patent on Spotify Connect option? That’s why Qobuz don’t work the same way as Spotify does.Yes I agree with the above. I would like too se Qubuz operate just like Spotify. Tidal was a nightmare to navigate trough, but not just trough the BS app, on its own also. Some may not like Spotify because they don’t offer 16/bit/44kHz sound, but their interface is unmatched. And I have no problem with the sound also. But cd is of course better. No if only Spotify would offer 16 bit sound.

KriHad

Post by KriHad » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:18 pm

DSOTM wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:51 pm
Doesn’t Spotify have a patent on Spotify Connect option? That’s why Qobuz don’t work the same way as Spotify does.
Tidal Connect works very well in Sonos and Chromecast-devices, so there is no Connect patent going on. I hope Tidal Connect will show up in Bluesound too, as an alternative to the BluOS integration.

Best, KriHad
NAD T777v3 | Powernode | Pulse Soundbar2i | Pulse Mini2i | Pulse Flex2i
Wireless via TP-Link Deco M5 | Lossless via Radio Paradise, Tidal and USB

DSOTM

Post by DSOTM » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:50 am

Oh, I didn’t no that. Never tried Sonos and Chromecast, the latter I well not try if it had been given at me free. Yes, the Chromecast is probably good for some people, their dac on the other end... I’m from Norway, so we’re neighbors.😃 Edit I have heard the dac Chromecast uses. I didn’t impress me much. But better then Fijo, I do belive it name was. I had that one time, about 4-years ago. Had to have a sort of dac-adapter to my PS4. I don’t know what dac chip both Fijo and Chromecast uses, but it sounded thin vs the Node2. No warmth. It always amazes me that people think a dac is dac.