Flex Skin?

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
DrFly

Flex Skin?

Post by DrFly » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:04 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone on the forum already tried the Flex Skin and could share his experience and satisfaction level?

Does is really offer extra protection against bumps and falls (sort of the same way an iPhone or iPad silicon case does)?

And is it still possible to attach and use a BP 100 Battery Pack without having to remove the Skin, respectively charge the battery pack by attaching the AC/DC cord without removing the Skin?

AudioGuy

Re: Flex Skin?

Post by AudioGuy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:27 am

I have one on my kitchen flex, more for keeping grubby hands off the flex than drop protection, but It should provide some minor protection but I wouldn't recommend throwing it around :lol: The back is completely open, so power and battery fit are not a problem (without removing the skin)

DrFly

Post by DrFly » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:25 am

Thank you for your reply AudioGuy.

Don't worry, I wasn't really planning on throwing my Flex around and I realise the Skin will only offer a little more protection against falls, but I have a 3-year old at home and you never know what plans he might have, so any added protection I can give could one day save my Flex's life ;)

braino

Post by braino » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:40 am

The silicone skin is easy to clean, one of my Flexs goes outside in summer and the skin offers cosmetic protection from grimy fingers more than anything else.
| Node 2 | Pulse | Pulse Mini x 2 | Pulse Flex 2i | Pulse Flex x 2 | NAD T755 | NAD C 272 | B&W CDM SE |
| Schiit Bifrost Multibit | NAD C 368 | MDC BluOS 2 | B&W 685 S2 | PSB CS500

KriHad

Post by KriHad » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:12 am

Kids' speakers are well protected from greasy fingers and attaching the battery pack is not affected. Wish there were more colours (than blue) to choose from. Perhaps gen 2 will come in a red type of colour, like this:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0723/ ... 1454261446

Best, KriHad

AndrewH
Site Admin

Post by AndrewH » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:59 pm

We have a couple dozen colours here in the office that we tried before aligning on the 4 we went to market with.

Due to the nature of the colours and costs to produce them it is likely we might come out with a couple more in the future.
KriHad wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:12 am
Kids' speakers are well protected from greasy fingers and attaching the battery pack is not affected. Wish there were more colours (than blue) to choose from. Perhaps gen 2 will come in a red type of colour, like this:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0723/ ... 1454261446

Best, KriHad
BluOS Product guy; Development and Partnerships
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you