Welcome to the Bluesound Discussion Forum

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
netizensmith

Re: Welcome to the Bluesound Discussion Forum

Post by netizensmith » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:18 am

I second both of those applications. No trouble here with a node 2 using dbpoweramp to rip and mp3tag to fix anything that's gone wrong. Reindex is ONLY for adding new items, it will not fix anything. If you have incorrect items showing in bluesound and you then go and fix them then you'll need to delete the index.

JOB

Post by JOB » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Muzz17....Thanks so much for the advice.......I'm not sure about EVERYTHING, but I believe the main problem was the recycle bin.....never saw it hiding down there at the end and it contained over 11K files......things got a whole lot better after that. I'm going to ditch Media Monkey and try your suggestion of MP3tag over the weekend......MM doesn't seem want to cooperate with anymore changes...keeps "not responding". Alan Parsons Project is still about four different bands....
Now that I'm coming down the backstretch here they go and release an update.......and from what I hear I'm not going to like it much. Does one HAVE to upgrade? Or can I just use the system I downloaded a few weeks ago upon original set up?
THANKS AGAIN!
JOB

Muzz17

Post by Muzz17 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi JOB, My pleasure, I'm glad it helped. I had the same issues when I was getting serious about my tagging ... there would always be one tag somewhere that didn't get changed and would drive you insane. If you still have a problem with the ARTISTS names after you give MP3tag a go PM me and you can send a couple of files and I'll take a look.

Don't believe you have to upgrade but it will probably keep telling you there is one available. At the moment, if it was me, I'd wait a little until they have a think about the new SMARTPlay feature. I don't like it but that it may be that the majority of people think it's great. Not from what you read on the forum but you never know. The upgrade offers some handy new features but the SMARTplay idea of clicking a track to play and it automatically adding the rest of the album does my head in. You can get around it by using the MORE button and selecting just to play that track but for me it's too cumbersome.

I'm not going to upgrade my Mum's three players as I don't want to spend the whole of Easter trying to explain to her that no, she has done nothing wrong, she really did just click the one track, but now the "machine" plays songs she didn't pick.

have a good Easter, Kel
My 83yo Mother has thrown her hands up with SmartPlay and gone to the NAD App.

kenedy

Post by kenedy » Sun May 15, 2016 2:42 am

Thanks a lot.Its excellent site/forum and I appreciate your efforts.

KenM10759

Log-in not saving

Post by KenM10759 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I can't seem to find a more specific place to post about the issue.

I am a member of a couple dozen forums and this is the only one which will NOT save mu log-in settings not "remember me." I click the box to do that when I log in, but it simply won't and I have to log in each time I visit.

Is there a setting on my Windows 10 PC, my browser or here that I am overlooking?

Edit: It will save and remember using Internet Explorer 11 browser, but not MS Edge browser. Every other forum works fine with Edge.
KEF R500/R200c/R100/R50, NAD T758 w/BlueOS, ProJect RPM1 & Ortofon 2M Red, SVS SB2000, Bluesound Vault2. Office: NAD Masters M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b.

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:57 am

Hi Ken

We are aware of the issue and have looked into it. Unfortunately we do not have a solution at this time
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

davidf

Post by davidf » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Hello all

I'm the owner of The Little Audio Company in Birmingham in the UK. I'm a newcomer to Bluesound, but I'm hoping to join in and give impressions, help, music recommendations, and advice on matching components where possible.

I've been an owner of a Sonos ZP90 for many years, mainly for Napster and internet radio to find new music, and I was initially using this ZP90 in my demo area until I got the Node2 in - I swapped it out and the difference was very clear for anyone to hear! Also, after being used to the Sonos app for so long, I initially found the Bluesound app to look a little busy, but once I got used to it, I found it works just as well, and sometimes there's less screen touches to get where you need to be. Excellent product.

macmain

Post by macmain » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:50 pm

hello members and guys..
maybe this will spice things up or not..im not sure.. but after getting forum support of a poor quility.. (im a mod on a forum)

im really not "glittery" shall we say about the forum mods / admin.. here is your help...!!!

Hi Ken

We are aware of the issue and have looked into it. Unfortunately we do not have a solution at this time

thats the replys we get (only been a bluesound user for 2 weeks) !" bu"t i will have to add to this..
via email / support you get more than a sentence. so out of site out of mind...
more info needs to be on this forum..
why is it not please???
Node 2 / Pulse 2 / Pulse Flex

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:36 am

Hi Ken

This site is our Customer Feedback Forum and not intended as support. We have a fully functioning multitool Support Portal located at http://support.bluesound.com/ which is monitored by a team of Bluesound Support Crew Subject Matter Experts. I lead this team.

Admittedly we do handle minor support FAQs here you will see we often redirect support issues to that team or show the support articles from that site.

This site is more of a traditional News and Communications site to allow us to hear from you are consumers and for all our consumers to share information about their own experiences.

I realise you are frustrated about an unfortunate problem that was missed by our Quality Assurance team during our MQA testing last spring but did not come to light until the recent large demand of MQA content made possible by TIDAL exposed it. We quickly identified the issue, our engineers have resolved the issue and we are in the final stages of passing it through Quality Assurance. (Things are looking positive on that front too). This process is done to ensure we correct matters the first time with as little fall out as possible in other matters or options. Our resolution will be delivered as part of our quarterly release cycle which was scheduled for January 31st coincidentally. We are very pleased we were able to locate and resolve the issue in the less than 3 weeks since it was brought to light. Sometimes these issues can take considerably longer especially when dealing with newly emerging technologies such as MQA. If this issue had not happened or if the resolution was taking longer, this type of problem we would consider a critical fix and perform an emergency maintenance release.

We understand how important Music is as we hear are all music lovers too. It is why we put this level of care and passion into our work.

Thank you for your patience and for #LivingHiFi

Tony Williamson
Product Support Manager
The Bluesound Support Crew
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

aboubsps102

Post by aboubsps102 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:32 am

However, one cause for pause...Tidal is supposedly going to add a lot of MQA content, and Blue sound dacs are MQA compatible. If that is important to you, then you might want to use the Bluesound Dac. My suggestion would be to upgrade to a better DAC now, and if MQA ever actually hits the market place, you can always switch on your preamp between the two dacs .