Problems using LG V20

Learn how to stream all your favourite content from your mobile device using a Bluetooth adaptor.
willpa

Problems using LG V20

Post by willpa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:28 am

I recently purchased the latest LG phone - LG V20.

I am having problems using Bluetooth streaming from this phone to Bluesound Pulse 2 speaker. I believe the LG V20 has the very latest Bluetooth software which supports high definition streaming.

The problem is that often when I play audio from the LG phone without getting stuttering and drop outs. I do not have problems with streaming from the LG phone to an older device (Bose Soundlink) or from older phones (Lumia and iPhone 5s) to the Bluesound.

TonyW
Site Admin

Re: Problems using LG V20

Post by TonyW » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:05 am

Hi WillPa

Send us a support request :-D
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

mtrain

Post by mtrain » Fri May 05, 2017 8:15 pm

I'm having the exact same issue with the two pulse flex I recently purchased from Crutchfield. The phone is a HTC 10 but the same popping/stuttering/crackling is happening with a family members galaxy s5 and Galaxy Tablet. I don't remember hearing anything using a UE boom 2 but I'm gonna test with a different Bluetooth speaker before sending back the pulse flex.

Please let us know if you were able to pin down the source of this.

SeppiE

Post by SeppiE » Sat May 06, 2017 2:21 am

Would suggest you contact Bluesound with your issue...

"Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you."

TinCanFury

Post by TinCanFury » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:57 pm

I've had this issue with my LG V10 and many bluetooth devices. I believe the LG implementation of whatever advanced bluetooth standard it uses with newer devices is faulty.

What sucks is I've yet to find a way to determine what bluetooth codecs are being used between two devices, so I can't tell what codec/standard it has issues with.

While I only use my LG V10 as a tablet now, my inability to use it to stream via bluetooth to anything has basically meant I no longer use it anymore =(