Bluesound can't handle mesh points?

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
Royce

Re: Bluesound can't handle mesh points?

Post by Royce » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:59 pm

kevin1969 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:10 am
I have 3 wired Google WiFi mesh points if anyone needs help. Every so often I'll have a blip on the app when my phone changes to a new endpoint but no issues at all with streaming.
No problems with switching mesh points with the app on my phone. It's the speakers that are having problems with switching.

kevin1969

Post by kevin1969 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:38 pm

Yeah I don't think they anticipated someone walking around constantly with a Flex speaker.

Royce

Post by Royce » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 am

kevin1969 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:38 pm
Yeah I don't think they anticipated someone walking around constantly with a Flex speaker.
Doesn't matter, it has a battery so it should be capable of moving it without rebooting. But they are working on it!

racarlson

Post by racarlson » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:01 am

FWIW, all of my problems with Bluesound connectivity and sync (I have 6 BS devices scattered around a large house) went away when I set up a Google WiFi network with 4 units. Only one Node 2 is hardwired, the rest connect wirelessly.

UHD

Post by UHD » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:33 am

I can confirm, that Bluesound (2i devices) work flawless with Google WiFi. I have all my three BS devices connecting to three different Google access points. There are no discovery or sync issues.

Royce

Post by Royce » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 pm

UHD wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:33 am
I can confirm, that Bluesound (2i devices) work flawless with Google WiFi. I have all my three BS devices connecting to three different Google access points. There are no discovery or sync issues.
But what if you walk with a Flex 2i from one Google access point to another. Will it connect to the second access point without restarting the Flex? Because that's the problem. The Bluesound speakers connect perfect to a mesh point network. But they can't rescan. So when you walk with a Flex from one mesh point to another, it will keep connected to the first mesh point and will get a low signal connection.

DSOTM

Post by DSOTM » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:13 am

I’ve read the thread, and I’m no it expert like most of the guys in here are, but I also think the wireless card is very poor in BS products. But as always if you have your router down stairs like I had, and still have, then the radio signals we’ll have to go through the walls and such. So I have a long distance from my NODE2I and my router. But all my other units work find when connected wireless trough the WiFi. Of course you should have your PS4 hardwired because of the ping issue, the lower, the better. So that I well do soon. Because now I have a switch upstairs connected to my NODE2i. But I do agree with Tony that network problems can be tricky some time. But some have problems, and some don’t when connected through WiFi. So again networking is tricky. But hardwiring your unit is much better. No drop outs and such. That’s what I did.