Disappearing Bluesound Players

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
Sutne

Re: Disappearing Bluesound Players

Post by Sutne » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:27 am

I also have this problem but not only with BluSound; Airplay and Airprint have been unstable since upgrading to IOS 11.4.1.

So the solution is probably an upgrade of IOS from Apple.
NAD C390DD | DD BluOs MDC | Vienna Acoustic Mozart SE | Synology NAS DS713+ | BluOS Controller on IOS

SeppiE

Post by SeppiE » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:40 am

Sutne wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:27 am
I also have this problem but not only with BluSound; Airplay and Airprint have been unstable since upgrading to IOS 11.4.1.

So the solution is probably an upgrade of IOS from Apple.
Yes - this is most likely the answer. Also noticed o er the past few days my AirPrint printer had gone missing. Turning wifi on / off on the iPad makes it discoverable again.

Roamingstudio

Post by Roamingstudio » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:54 am

IOS 12 Beta 6 is available for those who want to play - and the final version will probably drop in the first or second week in September

The issue really seems to occur most with iOS devices which regularly change networks. My iPad is stable - but it never had to change its network as it is always at home.

Roamingstudio

Post by Roamingstudio » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:54 am

I'm writing this in order to provocate Murpheys Law.

So far I could semi-replicate the issue on my iPhone if i used it to start Spotify on a device and then kill Spotify and sometime later attempt to use BluOS. But I could never figure out the exact sequence.

Using help from the team we did find that the effected iPhone did not see any non Apple services - pretty much conclusive that it is related to iOS and not BluOS

Thursday evening I switched my iPhone to iOS 12 Beta 10. So far I have not been able to replicate the issue. Fingers crossed it seems to have resolved itself.

SeppiE

Post by SeppiE » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:57 am

Like Roamingstudio I also loaded the iOS 12 beta a good week ago and happy to say I have not lost a player since in the Bluesound iOS app.