Wired networking only

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
kdwykleingeld

Wired networking only

Post by kdwykleingeld » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:49 am

Hi, i wonder how i can set my powernode 2i to work only from the wired connection ? After adding a wifi connection it seems not possible anymore to remove that wifi connection and purely work through the wired lan connection.

I am under the assumption here that my powernode 2i can operate with its full functionality (not referring to bluetooth here) with purely a wired lan connection ?? right ?

Thanks for you replies

Regards Koen

SeppiE

Re: Wired networking only

Post by SeppiE » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi Koen,

The wifi credentials are saved but if you powerup the PowerNode 2i with a working Ethernet cable attached it will use the wired connection.

If you wanted to remove the wi-fi credentials you could factory reset the player and leave the Ethernet cable plugged in.

kdwykleingeld

Post by kdwykleingeld » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi, thanks for quick reply. I will try that procedure . So why not add a simple button/function to the wifi definition page to remove wifi definitions and continue working through the lan connection... (_.. RFE) just like selecting an other network connection in for example a laptop .. i also noticed that you really have to power off the device in order to have it recognized again on the network..

thanks for any replies

SeppiE

Post by SeppiE » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:31 pm

A clear wifi credentials is a good idea... hopefully someone at Bluesound will pick up on that suggestion.

kdwykleingeld

Post by kdwykleingeld » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:34 pm

we might need voting here .. lol

alain

Post by alain » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:27 am

Something I asked for about two years ago. Still waiting.

kdwykleingeld

Post by kdwykleingeld » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:44 am

Is there a way to enter RFEs ?

I hope product development monitors these forums too..<

And.. factory resetting my device to get something done .... that would also mean that i loose favorites .. defined network shares etc .. or is there a way to preserver these kind of user specific definition over a factory reset ?

koen

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:19 am

Hi Koen

If the cable is plugged in, WiFi is disabled. Keep it simple. Help, Diagnostics will illustrate that.

If you have any questions, Help, Send Support Request in the App or support@bluesound.com.
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

kdwykleingeld

Post by kdwykleingeld » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:25 am

hi thanks, but that is not how i experience it .. if the cable is plugged in you can define a wifi network and it looks as if that is used too from that moment on.. and you cannot remove it as far as i can see