Transferring files from Mac to Vault 2i is pretty slow

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
Gotgi

Transferring files from Mac to Vault 2i is pretty slow

Post by Gotgi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi everyone, I´m kind of wondering why the file transfer from the Mac to the Vault 2i takes so long. I checked the cables and everything and transferring files from the iMac to my NAS (which sits next to the Vault 2i) is a lot faster. Am i doing something wrong? Do I have to make some settings in the router? It´s all wired of course (no wifi). I´m getting access to the vault 2i by connecting via smb. Is there maybe another option?
Thanks for your help,
Maik

TonyW
Site Admin

Re: Transferring files from Mac to Vault 2i is pretty slow

Post by TonyW » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:18 am

Check your router settings and see how the ports are set - if it's Auto-detect, set it to Gigabit... see if that helps...
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

Gotgi

Post by Gotgi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:22 am

Hi,
it´s set to Gigabit. I also checked the nsmb.conf file (signing set to "no") and tried different wirings. No change.
The transfer of 400 MB music files takes 3 minutes. Is that too long?

Gotgi

Post by Gotgi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:40 am

Ok, connected the Vault directly to the iMac (both wired to the Time Capsule) and the file transfer is fast as hell. So it must be the wiring down to the first floor. Maybe I find the "weak" connection. So all is good with the Vault.