shares and playlists

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
alain

shares and playlists

Post by alain » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:35 am

Hi there,
I' ve encountered a problem with my playlists on the node2.
My ISP must have updated the software on my router (Technicolor), provided by them (Proximus, Belgium).
I have a USB HDD (LaCie) on a port on my router, serving my FLAC files over Samba/UPNP to the wireless network in my home.
Until now, this port/ HDD was named "Disk_a1" but since the update the sharename has changed in "Hitachi-+some serial number ". So this software version refers to the HDD-ID instead of the volumelabel, which could be changed, or the label of the port on the router.
The playlists I have saved in the node2 refer all to the old path and are useless now. ( I had a look at the backup lists on an USB using a hex editor)
Since this seems to be propietry software from Bluesound I am unable to change the path in the playlist.
Changing the ID of the HDD seems to be impossible too as it is burned in the chip.
So now I'll have to redo all the work to recreate my playlists or... Bluesound could provide an editor to edit the existing lists. (like this will happen !)
I am not considering the purchase of a nas, but would prefer to keep using my router as such.
Bluesound team, I would really wish there was a method to point an existing playlist to a new mountpoint.
Looking forward to comments.

TonyW
Site Admin

Re: shares and playlists

Post by TonyW » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:11 am

If Rebuild Index does not work, please select Help, Send Support Request
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

alain

Re: shares and playlists

Post by alain » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:38 am

Hi Tony,
I did as you suggested and rebuild the index, but to no avail.
The problem remains in the path to the share that has been changed in the router.
It would be useful to export the playlist in order to correct the paths.
I don't really expect a solution in the short term, but maybe your wizards can work something out in the future.
I will open a ticket with support today.
Greetings,
Alain