Main router - Repeater - Bluesound app connection issue

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
deanlyh

Main router - Repeater - Bluesound app connection issue

Post by deanlyh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 am

Hello all,

I'm not good with I.T. so I'll have to explain my issue in a layman's term, I hope you'll understand what I'm saying & will be able to help.

I have a main router on the ground floor of my house, and a repeater on the first floor; both with the same network & sharing the same name (different IP addresses). All my mobile devices switch from one to another automatically depending on where I am.

I have a Bluesound Pulse mini in my room on the first floor, the speaker somehow connects to the main router on the ground floor; where as when I lay in my bed which is opposite side of the room from the speaker, my mobile devices connect to the repeater on the first floor.
As a result, I can't connect/control my speaker through the Bluesound app in my bed which is a few feet away from the speaker... :shock:

I can control the speaker when I go downstairs, when my mobile phone connects to the main router on the ground floor; I can also play music through Spotify regardless of my connection (router or repeater), but volume control etc won't work.

There must be a way to resolve this?
Appreciate your kind help/advise.

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Dean

TonyW
Site Admin

Re: Main router - Repeater - Bluesound app connection issue

Post by TonyW » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:44 am

As always in these cases, Please contact support by selecting Help, Send Support Request in the App.
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

Roamingstudio

Re: Main router - Repeater - Bluesound app connection issue

Post by Roamingstudio » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:58 am

Make sure your repeater is in bridging mode and dhcp etc is disabled.

I had similar issues when first installing an Apple AirPort Extreme but once bridging mode was configured it worked fine.

Occasionally we still have issues like above - but normally it is caused by The WiFi jumping channels and somehow the Bluesound devices Didn't. Using fixed WiFi channels and occasionally rebooting the routers helps a lot