Power over Ethernet for Flex Mini

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
Roamingstudio

Power over Ethernet for Flex Mini

Post by Roamingstudio » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:25 pm

We have a couple of Flex Mini systems with the coupled battery packs running off WiFi. Within the flat, I have an option to install new Ethernet cables, which can be hooked up to Power over Ethernet, with the current standard being 802.3af. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to power the Flex Mini directly using a suitable PoE adapter, and allow them to benefit from a physical link (to the Gigabit routers and switches, which link the 3xNode 2).

Would there also be an option for a Bluesound PoE adapter instead of the battery pack? Next year the new PoE standard (802.3bt ??) should become more generally available, which would increase the amount of power available for the smaller powered speaker devices. This could also make a nice 'outdoor' solution with the power enabled via a PoE Gigabit switch - without having to get mains everywhere.

Sorry if this was a repeat post, I could not find anything immediately similar

TonyW
Site Admin

Re: Power over Ethernet for Flex Mini

Post by TonyW » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi Roamingstudio

The PULSE FLEX does not support PoE. The amplifier and hardware in the PULSE FLEX exceeds power limits available to PoE and requires a conventional PSU.
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.