Join a networked share and cloud drive

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
dhallag

Join a networked share and cloud drive

Post by dhallag » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:10 pm

So I have my music on onedrive and my NAS at home. The NAS uploads to onedrive once a week as I use it as a back up. It works really well. Groove does allow me to stream from the onedrive location, however it doesn't support FLAC. So in Groove on my Powernode 2, only about 1/2 of my collection shows up. So I wanted to try and see if I could point the powernode to onedrive via a local PC.

So I created a network share that bluesound can connect to. And I created the file folder on my PC of the onedrive music folder. This isn't synced so there isn't anything stored on the PC, it's just allows me to browse the onedrive folder through explorer (and copy, delete, change, etc.. etc..). When I right click on that folder, there is no option to share. I tried JUNCTION and MLINK to join the network share I created and the onedrive location, but those require the source drive to be NTFS.

Any ideas? I guess I could do a VPN, but I just can't believe there isn't a way to try this to see if it works... I just don't want to have a ton of duplicate files around...

Thanks... darien
PowerNode 2
neat Iota ALPHA Loudspeaker

TonyW
Site Admin

Re: Join a networked share and cloud drive

Post by TonyW » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi Darien

As always in these cases, please select Help, Send Support Request in the App and we will be happy to assist.
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.