MDC BluOS - Random Pause

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
Wiinberg

MDC BluOS - Random Pause

Post by Wiinberg » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Hey, guys!

I just got my BluOS MDC module installed in my NAD C388, but I'm having a pretty big problem.
The music pauses at random moments.
Sometimes it plays just fine for 30 minutes, and other times it pauses every 5 seconds or so.
It doesn't matter if I play from tidal, (MQA) radio paradise, TuneIn radio, or stream the music from my iPad.

It's connected directly to my router, with a cat5 cable.
(yes, I've tried a bunch of cables)

I tried swapping the module from slot 2 to 1.. Didn't do nothing.
And also, it doesn't matter how "busy" the router is.
I've tried with only my iPhone and the module connected. As well with everything else connected. didn't make a difference

Setup:
Nad C388
MDC BluOs v2
Apple Airport Express

ruud76

Re: MDC BluOS - Random Pause

Post by ruud76 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:11 am

A few things to try:
- Do you have the latest firmware on the NAD amplifier (so not DD-BluOS, but the amplifier firmware). If not, update
- Reset the DD-BluOS board from the _amplifiers_ setup menu [what comes now is for the C390DD and might be different for your amp] if you don't see it there, make sure it is enabled by pressing and holding the [disp] button on the remote for a few seconds and make sure the amp is set to a different input than your BluOS board while doing this
- Do a factory reset of your amplifier

If that all doesn't solve things then I'd recommend to submit a support request via the app. I'm using the DD-BluOS for years now and I after initial setup (which was a bit bumpy, hence my recommendations above) it works flawless.

Regards!
Ruud
[ NAD C 390DDv2 | DD-BluOS | KEF R700 | Synology DS415+ | Ubiquiti UniFi ]

Wiinberg

Post by Wiinberg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:38 am

Thanks for the answer!

I'm running the latest firmware, but ill try the other things later today.

I'll keep you updated. :)

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:27 am

Hi Wiinberg

As always in these cases, please select Help, Send Support Request in the App and the BluOS Support Crew will be in touch.
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

Wiinberg

Post by Wiinberg » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:09 am

Once again, thanks a lot for the answers.

I found out what was causing the "error"

I have an IR extender, where the receiver is placed under my tv and the transmitter in front of the amp. Yesterday before I went to bed, I tried to unplug the IR extender. and it's been playing all night.
So.. Even though there have been no IR signals, somehow the extender screwed with the amps IR signals.

I find it really strange. but I guess the conclusion, is that I'm gonna have to buy a better extender. :)

ruud76

Post by ruud76 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Wiinberg wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:09 am
So.. Even though there have been no IR signals, somehow the extender screwed with the amps IR signals.
Hehe :D

Well, glad you resolved the issue! So now enjoy your NAD equipment, I really do like the DD-BluOS MDC solution. Actually it is what took me in the Bluesound ecosystem :)

Not sure if the NAD amplifier is what you use the extender for, but I find myself using the BluOS input of the amplifier only for 99% of the time and as such the amplifier is pretty much fully controllable with the BluOS phone / tablet app.... (note that volume is even controllable with these apps when the amplifier is set to a different input).

Regards!
Ruud
[ NAD C 390DDv2 | DD-BluOS | KEF R700 | Synology DS415+ | Ubiquiti UniFi ]