can I control bluesound on my network through a web browser?

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
bullethead

can I control bluesound on my network through a web browser?

Post by bullethead » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:46 pm

I tried reading the setup manuals, etc..

I can't seem to figure this out. I have a laptop that is on the same network as my bluesound. Is there a web controller for bluesound where I can access the Bluesound Node's web page and select what tracks to play using my web browser?

I have a tablet and phone setup with the android apps, however sometimes I would like to just open a browser window when I am working and select the next track to play, and interact with my Bluesound Node that way.

Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks

TonyW
Site Admin

Re: can I control bluesound on my network through a web brow

Post by TonyW » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 am

Hi Bullethead

We currently do not have a PC, Mac or Web based controller.
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

Jovd

Post by Jovd » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:29 am

Hello,
Is there a project in the future for a web based controller ?

Regards Jo

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:27 am

Thanks Jo

We hesitate to discuss our development plans but do use this forum as a gauge to understand our consumer's wish list to plot a development course.

Thanks for #LivingHiFi
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

Simon

Post by Simon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:04 am

I'd also be interested in a web based controller.

jokerzero

Post by jokerzero » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:57 am

Curious to know why you would want to control your sound system when outside your own network, other than perhaps to turn it off.

Adding a web service for use outside your home network creates a few headaches, owners would need to configure their routers to expose the service to pubic internet.
If that's not set up correctly, owners could then expose their home network to external attack for which the owner may blame the vendor.

The way around this is to provide a hub service to which each Bluesound system connects and then owners manage their kit through this hub, this by and large puts security back under control of the vendor and lowers the complexity of the task for the owner. Quite a few webcam services take this approach.

Providing this is quite a big commitment in infrastructure etc, and would require a significant user base to justify it.

Simon

Post by Simon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:17 am

I'm not interested in controlling it from outside my own network. Just using a PC attached to my own network.

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:38 am

Hi Simon

A lot has changed since my last post in this thread; I trust you have since found our Bluesound App for Windows and OS X available here; http://www.bluesound.com/downloads

Simon

Post by Simon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:14 am

Thanks Tony - I hadn't. Will it work with the various NAD devices such as the C390DD with the Bluesound module?

Simon

Post by Simon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:20 am

Thanks again Tony - just answered my own question. It does indeed. Just what I was after.