node 2 not found by BLUOS yet

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
soundbart

node 2 not found by BLUOS yet

Post by soundbart » Mon May 01, 2017 3:20 am

Node 2 not found with bluos but with another network app it works

Yesterday I wanted to control the node 2 using my nexus smartphone but the node 2 didn't show up. 5node 2 is wired. I reinstalled the android app but that didn' t help. On my iMac computer also the BLUOS program did not find the node 2 .

It's odd that the android app as well as the mac os app could not find the node 2 but using another android app searching (fing) for connected devices correctly find the node 2. I can even do scan services and and start proces 80 http. When yo udo that you browser goes to the ip adres of the node 2 and from there on I could eg turn off the blue led of the node 2.

The only thing that worked was to pull out the power cable a few seconds and put it back. After a while the node 2 showed up in the bluos android app

TonyW
Site Admin

Re: node 2 not found by BLUOS yet

Post by TonyW » Mon May 01, 2017 7:33 am

Hi Soundbart

Please select Help, Send Support Request and we will be happy to troubleshoot.
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

Doctorrazz

Post by Doctorrazz » Tue May 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Most of the time, just rebooting the Node 2, Unplug and repower will bring it back up.It is a computer chip, and has to reboot at times. If you notice the dynamic quality is down, do the same thing as I have found major output voltages lost at times.

afrosheen

Post by afrosheen » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:49 pm

There's an obscure setting on some Asus routers that fixes this instantly, and permanently. I used to have all kinds of weird problems with my Node and Powernode missing from the PC and not my phone or tablet, or my phone never connecting to either box, or anything in between. It seemed like it got so bad over time I was considering junking the whole lot and starting over with Chromecast or some other solution.

Some caveats:

1. I have an Asus RT-88U router, but it did this behavior through 2 or 3 different routers, but seemingly the worst with this one.
2. Everything is wireless. The NAS they access is wired but the bluesound boxes are not wired to that network.
3. Device types include a Windows 7 PC, a Windows 10 PC, an HTC 10 phone, an Iphone 4S, an HTC One phone, and a Samsung 10.5 S tablet.

The fix: go into the router settings, deep in a dark corner of professional settings under wifi, and change the multicast rate. I cranked mine up to 54Mb/s which may be extreme, but doesn't seem to break anything and definitely fixed my problems.

It's possible that you're using another router that may or may not have these settings but it sure seems like Asus and Multicast rates are troublesome by default.

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:48 am

Hi Afrosheen

It's actually disable IGMP Snooping on ASUS routers ;)

Contacting Support will help you by;

a) Allowing us to find the setting based on your router quickly and walk you through it
b) We will even offer to remote in and do it for you
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.