Asus Router configurations

Discuss wired, wireless and powerline networking with Bluesound.
Awdkoers

Re: Asus Router configurations

Post by Awdkoers » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:52 am

Unfortunately still searching for the final solution, i am still experiencing playback hiccups. I searched the internet for ASUS RT-N66u network disconnecting (it is behind my ziggo modem which is in bridge mode).

At the moment trying these settings:
- NAT Acceleration: disabled, after reboot of the router this looked promising but i noticed the network disconnecting again.
- DHCP query frequency: normal mode

I hope this will work, if not will try the Merlin firmware for this router, i am running out of options.

Regards,
Alexander

AlfaGTV

Post by AlfaGTV » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:19 pm

This thread was originally about the RT-AC66U. I dont know whether these issues are the same as i too have an Asus RT-N66U, but have never had a glitch with streaming content.

bobmeinhard

Post by bobmeinhard » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Awdkoers wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:52 am
Unfortunately still searching for the final solution, i am still experiencing playback hiccups. I searched the internet for ASUS RT-N66u network disconnecting (it is behind my ziggo modem which is in bridge mode).

At the moment trying these settings:
- NAT Acceleration: disabled, after reboot of the router this looked promising but i noticed the network disconnecting again.
- DHCP query frequency: normal mode

I hope this will work, if not will try the Merlin firmware for this router, i am running out of options.

Regards,
Alexander
@ Tony G - this is why we need to have an updated router compatibility chart. Just saying.... Bob
Node 2 | Auralic Aries Mini | Mytek Brooklyn DAC | Parasound A21 | Thiel CS2 2/B&W 705 | Schiit Asgard 2 | Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro | Sennheiser/Massdrop HD6xx
Node 2 | Parasound Zamp v3 | Thiel CS .5
Pulse 2 | Pulse Mini | Pulse Flex

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:39 pm

As always in these cases, please contact The Bluesound Support Crew. See my signature on how easy it is to reach out...

As for an updated router list - settings and products change that it is completely impossible to maintain such a list. Please keep in mind that Bluesound Players are a step up performance product and should also be used with premium network equipment for best results.

Mixing and matching product brands can sometimes create odd results. Also keep in mind it is possible to over-saturate your network. Too many repeaters and extenders can cause as many problems as poor signal strength.
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

Awdkoers

Post by Awdkoers » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:20 pm

Finally got a steady wired connection a few months ago. I have set up my Asus router as access point and my providers modem is does all the networking. Also my provider updated the connection just in front of my house.
Regards,
Alexander