pulse 2 outer case

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
macmain

pulse 2 outer case

Post by macmain » Sun May 19, 2019 8:10 am

hi there.
can anyone tell me it there outer case has become tacky / sticky.. with a shine ? and if so how do i rectify it.. all we use on the 3 devices i have is furniture polish.. the flex and node that we have dont suffer from this and have the same treatment... can anybody help please
Node 2 / Pulse 2 / Pulse Flex

TonyW
Site Admin

Re: pulse 2 outer case

Post by TonyW » Tue May 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Hi MacMain

We have seen this happening in places of extreme humidity but wonder if the polish you are using has created a chemical reaction to the covering.

Please drop us a note at support@bluesound.com and we can make some recommendations on options for you.
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

BabyBoomer

Post by BabyBoomer » Wed May 22, 2019 1:00 am

Should never use furniture polish as it does more harm than good even on natural wood products. Did read somewhere that if used should only be used occasionally. Best to use a slightly damp cloth or an e-Cloth duster and will probably find the surface will go back to it's natural lustre after a while. As with most electronic products the Pulse 2 can be a dust magnet.

kp247

Post by kp247 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:26 am

Same here. Super sticky and so attracts dust very easily and a real pain to clean. Any advice, please share

braino

Post by braino » Thu May 23, 2019 12:02 pm

While none of my Bluesound units exhibit this issue, other rubber coated items I've owned have. There is a phenomenon known as 'rubber rot' or 'rubber rust', from what I understand it's a form of oxidation caused by UV exposure and heat that results in rubber stickiness.

https://www.polymersolutions.com/blog/s ... version/
| Node 2 | Pulse | Pulse Mini x 2 | Pulse Flex 2i | Pulse Flex x 2 | NAD T755 | NAD C 272 | B&W CDM SE |
| Schiit Bifrost Multibit | NAD C 368 | MDC BluOS 2 | B&W 685 S2 | PSB CS500