"Reboot" button in diagnostics

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
DrFly

"Reboot" button in diagnostics

Post by DrFly » Tue May 14, 2019 4:14 am

Hello Bluesound (Tony and Andrew) and fellow users,

Can anyone explain what the "reboot" button appearing in the "diagnostics" section of the iOS app does and what the difference is between "reboot" and "force hotspot mode"?

I know what hotspot mode is, unfortunately I had to use it a couple times due to networking and connectivity issues. However, whilst I read other users mentioning "rebooting" their players, I'm not sure what the button will actually do and do not dare using it until I'm sure I won't be causing a disaster (such as inadvertently doing a full factory reset :o ).

I am particulary interested since ongoing connectivity issues sometimes force me to take one or several of my players off power or put them in and out of vacation mode in order to regain control over them. As two of my Mini 2i are hanging on the wall about 2.20 metres off the floor, it means I actually have to grab a chair or stool every time, which isn't exactly convenient. If simply pressing the "reboot" button does the trick without adverse effects, I would very much like to use this rather than a ladder...

Apologies if the answer lies elsewhere in the forum or support pages, I did look up but did not find it.

vlrdngr

Re: "Reboot" button in diagnostics

Post by vlrdngr » Tue May 14, 2019 4:43 am

Yes, simply pressing the "reboot" button does the trick without adverse effects. No settings are changed, the device is powered down and back up.
FYvvM

SeppiE

Re: "Reboot" button in diagnostics

Post by SeppiE » Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 am

I find the Reboot feature very handy, often “fiddling” with my network and rather than powering off the players I can just select Reboot.

Just hope it stays in the menu’s and not thought irrelevant.