Feature Request. Index M3U Playlist Files

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
MoPac

Feature Request. Index M3U Playlist Files

Post by MoPac » Wed May 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Tony:
I know this may not be possible but it would be nice if BluOS could index M3U playlists. Recently I lost all my playlists due to the necessity to do a factory reset. I did archive the database, but because the shares source was move to another location in the LAN that database no longer worked. Seems like it would be easy enough to scan for M3U playlists and show them as the playlists from Tidal and Qobuz are shown.

Thanks. Rich

bobmeinhard

Re: Feature Request. Index M3U Playlist Files

Post by bobmeinhard » Wed May 08, 2019 9:04 pm

I have no problem with BluOS indexing my m3u playlist files right now. All my playlists are stored in a separate folder on the same share as the all the music files. When I reindex my shares, all the playlists I have created show up. Maybe I don’t understand the issue?
Node 2 | Auralic Aries Mini | Mytek Brooklyn DAC | Parasound A21 | Thiel CS2 2/B&W 705 | Schiit Asgard 2 | Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro | Sennheiser/Massdrop HD6xx
Node 2 | Parasound Zamp v3 | Thiel CS .5
Pulse 2 | Pulse Mini | Pulse Flex

alain

Post by alain » Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 am

I am using several m3u playlists regularly and haven't experienced problems with the indexing yet. I did ask some time ago to be able to create a playlist on the controller and export this as m3u to usb stick or share. Still waiting and hoping.

MoPac

Post by MoPac » Fri May 10, 2019 11:26 am

My mistake. A while back when an external hard drive attached to my computer was used as the share M3U playlists did work. Now that I'm using a Bryston BDP-2 as a share the M3U playlists created on the Bryston do not index. Those M3U playlist files are in a separate folder named user/playlists. So I added the share \\bryston-bdp-2\user\playlists. Unfortunately the playlists did not index.

I may have to try using the SonicTransporter to see if the M3U playlists on that server will index. On the SonicTransporter the playlist folder is mixed in with the music folders unlike the BDP-2 where the playlists folder is separate from the music folders. Only thing I worry about is what happens to the DSD and DXD files that are in the SonicTransporter. The BDP-2 has no such files.

Thanks. Rich