Gene

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
DSOTM

Gene

Post by DSOTM » Tue May 07, 2019 6:43 pm

Well miracles can happen I guess. I’ve had problems with my node2i streamer/dac. I’ve had issues with Spotify connect also,but this has been confirmed by friendly forum members that this is normal. But bloody seven hell Spotify needs solve it quickly,or I’m out. Tidal is out of the question. I’m not paying 20dollars a month for a little shimmer in cymbals. No way! I’ve personally tested a good cd vs Spotify premium settings on 320kkbs. The test cd was “10 new songs” by the late great Leonard Cohen. May he rest in pice with the other poets. And Spotify could keep up the race very good. But know to my main question. As I said miracles can happen.. I’ve heard that radio paradise streams now in flac files,I’ve could be mistaken of course. But we all know it’s not cd-quality per say. Cd well always be the king in digital. My opinion of course. But I played radio paradise mellow mix for over 24 hours straight and I never dropped out,by that I mean the music had no drop outs. Nada,zero. Even if my wi fi connection showed fair and -65dbm,it didn’t cut out. Now back to Spotify,and it drops out 2 times! How could that be in the words of Darth Vader. Thanks everybody. “I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon”. Sorry I couldn’t resist. All you Floyd fans help a chap. Of course other people can help also😆😆😆😆😆

SeppiE

Re: Gene

Post by SeppiE » Wed May 08, 2019 3:53 am

There are other streaming services/ plans available... for me historically Spotify has been the least reliable service, particularly during holiday times.

Tidal has a cheaper plan, as do Amazon Music and Qobuz - all the same price here in the UK