IR Programming for Soundbar 2

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
bobmeinhard

IR Programming for Soundbar 2

Post by bobmeinhard » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:14 am

Hi All -

Can anyone help with programming my Soundbar 2 to work with an IR remote? I am using a Harmony 650 and have entered the information for the Soundbar as “NAD” and “M12” as per instructions. When I go to set up the buttons, nothing happens. How long does the button need to be pressed? I have already set up a fixed surround sound group. Could that be the issue? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks, Bob
Node 2 | Auralic Aries Mini | Mytek Brooklyn DAC | Parasound A21 | Thiel CS2 2/B&W 705 | Schiit Asgard 2 | Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro | Sennheiser/Massdrop HD6xx
Node 2 | Parasound Zamp v3 | Thiel CS .5
Pulse 2 | Pulse Mini | Pulse Flex

bobmeinhard

Re: IR Programming for Soundbar 2

Post by bobmeinhard » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:16 am

Sorry - I have an original Soundbar.
Node 2 | Auralic Aries Mini | Mytek Brooklyn DAC | Parasound A21 | Thiel CS2 2/B&W 705 | Schiit Asgard 2 | Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro | Sennheiser/Massdrop HD6xx

Stelvio

Post by Stelvio » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:41 am

Bear in mind you're using a programmable remote on a programmable receiver. Sort of like an adjustable spanner on an adjustable nut. You first need to set the nut to a certain size (any size) then set the spanner to it.
It doesn't really matter what your harmony is programmed as, so long as it transmits something when a button is pressed, and it always stays the same. You program the actual soundbar to recognise whatever the remote is sending when pressing certain buttons. With the soundbar selected in your player drawer, go to Settings > Player > IR Remote. From there you can set up each particular function.
If that doesn't work, maybe ungroup the speakers and select only the soundbar, then regroup after it is done.
I did it with mine, set up to an old Panasonic TV remote, works well. I only had to press the button briefly for it to be recognised.

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:48 am

Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

Bischofm

Post by Bischofm » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 am

Maybe I have an important hint.

I had to use my IR extender and place it very near of my node 2 that it works. For myself I used a "Denon CD Player" to program the IR features.
My Logitech is an Harmony ultimate with the smart hub.

As well I figured out, that the setup needs less signal connectivity as the normal daily using.

Hope that helps

bobmeinhard

Post by bobmeinhard » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 am

Bischofm wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 am
Maybe I have an important hint.

I had to use my IR extender and place it very near of my node 2 that it works. For myself I used a "Denon CD Player" to program the IR features.
My Logitech is an Harmony ultimate with the smart hub.

As well I figured out, that the setup needs less signal connectivity as the normal daily using.

Hope that helps
Thanks for the response, but I am unable to even get that far - the unit will not accept ANY IR programming!

Stelvio

Post by Stelvio » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:50 pm

bobmeinhard wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 am
Thanks for the response, but I am unable to even get that far - the unit will not accept ANY IR programming!
1. Did you un-group it?
2. Try with a normal non-programmable remote from a TV or similar. Take the Harmony out of the equation.

bobmeinhard

Post by bobmeinhard » Thu May 02, 2019 5:29 pm

Stelvio wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:50 pm
1. Did you un-group it?
2. Try with a normal non-programmable remote from a TV or similar. Take the Harmony out of the equation.
Thanks for the response, but nothing worked. It was a (supposedly) refurb unit authorized by Lenbrook. Bluesound support did not get back to me in a timely way (took almost 3 days), so I returned the unit to the seller for credit. I bought another demo unit the same day and set it up this past Tuesday - it works flawlessly. There must have been a hardware or firmware problem with the other unit.

Stelvio

Post by Stelvio » Fri May 03, 2019 1:07 am

Good result, and congrats on updating the thread once the problem was resolved.

bobmeinhard

Post by bobmeinhard » Tue May 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Stelvio wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:07 am
Good result, and congrats on updating the thread once the problem was resolved.
:)