BluOS 2.16.14

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
mjager

Re: BluOS 2.16.14

Post by mjager » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:58 am

Hi TonyW,

I see the link refers to this same thread. Is this problem being addressed elsewhere?

I am facing similar issues with my Bluesound equipment and would be very interested in hearing if and when we can expect a solution to this issue. I have been in touch with Roon in relation to this syncing issue and they referred me to you, saying that Bluesound is currently working on a fix which should be implemented in the next firmware upgrade, expected within the next month. Could you confirm?

Thanks!

AndrewH
Site Admin

Post by AndrewH » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:25 pm

So our engineer has been working on this with Brian at Roon for a bit now, they are working through it but slowly as there is a lot of code impacted. I expect an update on this will likely be done in early Feb. We still don't have it solved yet, but a few other things have been cleaned up along the way, so a few things improved once the sync issue gets resolved.
mjager wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:58 am
Hi TonyW,

I see the link refers to this same thread. Is this problem being addressed elsewhere?

I am facing similar issues with my Bluesound equipment and would be very interested in hearing if and when we can expect a solution to this issue. I have been in touch with Roon in relation to this syncing issue and they referred me to you, saying that Bluesound is currently working on a fix which should be implemented in the next firmware upgrade, expected within the next month. Could you confirm?

Thanks!
BluOS Product guy; Development and Partnerships
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you

dibb

Post by dibb » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks for the update.
Much appreciated.

mjager

Post by mjager » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:57 am

AndrewH wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:25 pm
So our engineer has been working on this with Brian at Roon for a bit now, they are working through it but slowly as there is a lot of code impacted. I expect an update on this will likely be done in early Feb. We still don't have it solved yet, but a few other things have been cleaned up along the way, so a few things improved once the sync issue gets resolved.
mjager wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:58 am
Hi TonyW,

Thanks!
Thanks @AndrewH, appreciated. Looking forward to the update!

detlev.hackenberg

Post by detlev.hackenberg » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:57 am

Hi Andrew, thanks for the update and for keeping us in the loop - this is highly appreciated!

mjager

Post by mjager » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 am

Hi Andrew,

Have your colleagues in the meantime been able to solve the issue and, if so, when do you expect to release the update?

Thanks!

AndrewH
Site Admin

Post by AndrewH » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:12 pm

We will be posting a bunch of stuff including the fix for sync in 3.4.0. This will be likely end of Q1, early Q2.
mjager wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 am
Hi Andrew,

Have your colleagues in the meantime been able to solve the issue and, if so, when do you expect to release the update?

Thanks!
BluOS Product guy; Development and Partnerships
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you

mjager

Post by mjager » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:30 am

Thanks for the update, good to hear the fix is on the way.

Looking forward to end of March for the 3.4.0 release!

dibb

Post by dibb » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:19 pm

+1

detlev.hackenberg

Post by detlev.hackenberg » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:59 am

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for the update and the hard work to get this fixed. Really looking forward to the 3.4.0 release to come out by the end of March / beginning of April.

Cheers,
Detlev