Thank Your For Your Feedback

Free-for-all chat about the Bluesound Ecosystem.
TonyW
Site Admin

Thank Your For Your Feedback

Post by TonyW » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Thank you all for your passion and enthusiasm. We here at Bluesound are Listening and want to hear from you. Every single post on this forum is read by an identified employee of Bluesound and reviewed for not only customer feedback and discussion but also content.

Moderation Reviewing and approving content applies to any social media content written on behalf of Bluesound by people outside the company, where the site is on or off bluesound.com. We do not endorse or take responsibility for content posted by third parties, a.k.a. user-generated content (UGC). This includes text input and uploaded files, including video, images, audio, executables, and documents. While we strongly encourage user participation, there are some guidelines we ask all contributors to follow to keep it safe for everyone.

The “House” rules: Whether content is post-moderated or community moderated, this rule of thumb should be used: the Good, the Bad, but not the Ugly. If the content is positive or negative and in context to the conversation, then it can be approved, regardless of whether it’s favourable or unfavourable to Bluesound. But if the content is ugly, offensive, denigrating, and/or completely out of context, then it is asked of administrators to reject the content.

We thank you and encourage your feedback.
Attachments
BLS_Social Media_Rules of Engagement.pdf
Forum Rules of Engagement.
(63.34 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

Pfrog

Re: Thank Your For Your Feedback

Post by Pfrog » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:56 pm

Tony

But feedback should surely be two way - even for what appear to be difficult or controversial innovations - such as 2.0? No feedback yet to your loyal customers despite the numerous comments / complaints / suggestions, all of which appear to be entirely within context and not at all "Ugly". If you have heard then why no response at all as to any proposed changes, if any? I am unclear whether your post was intended to have a "chilling" effect upon 2.0 feedback - hopefully not.

We await feedback from BlueSound. As a customer I am very keen to Listen to BlueSound, - when you condescend to respond.

netizensmith

Post by netizensmith » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Some of the feedback regarding 2.0 has been overly aggressive, borderline rude. On the other hand, the response from the forum admins has not been of the usual standard in my opinion, for reasons unknown. As such this post by Tony is poorly timed.

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:41 pm

netizensmith wrote:Some of the feedback regarding 2.0 has been overly aggressive, borderline rude
Hi Neitzensmith

Thanks for pointing this out. We are very aware of it. In fact in some cases we have actually edited a (thankfully) very small, select number of posts in the wake of the release of BluOS 2.0 because of language used. Those select posters were warned that their content was not appropriate for our board.

We do appreciate the passion our loyal customers have. During our numerous planning meetings we do have here at Bluesound, while knowledge sharing here at the BSC with our colleagues ScottW and JaredH who monitor our Twitter and Facebook pages it was brought to my attention that the best practices rules posted at both our Facebook page (facebook.com/Bluesound.HiFi) and Twitter feed (@BluesoundHiFi) on how we communicate with our consumers has never been posted or shared with some of our most passionate fans here at the Discussion Forum. It was an oversight by us here and honestly, until recently, we have never been close to a situation to remind people what is acceptable and what is actually inappropriate.

This post is not intended as anything other than a code of conduct reminder of what is acceptable and what is not - even by Bluesound Employees - each of which who post here are clearly identified as such. We won't be changing how we operate here and will continue to listen to the good - and the bad. Listening to the bad is what makes us a better brand.

Thanks for #LivingHiFi

Tony

Anthony Williamson
Product Support Manager - Bluesound & BluOS
Lenbrook Int'l
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

beowulf

Post by beowulf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:28 am

A request:

would it be possible to have something in the sense of an auto-levelling volume facility? Meaning, no matter what the volume of the input is, the software rearranges the output level to a fixed value?

Would be very convenient.

Thanks, and best,
Beowulfila.

AndrewH
Site Admin

Post by AndrewH » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi Beowulf, it's a good question, whether done song by song, or at the operation level. Many amplifiers have that feature, it allows for a more consistent listening experience if you need to manage that. I've captured it and will investigate. thanks, andrew
beowulf wrote:A request:

would it be possible to have something in the sense of an auto-levelling volume facility? Meaning, no matter what the volume of the input is, the software rearranges the output level to a fixed value?

Thanks, and best,
Beowulfila.
BluOS Product guy; Development and Partnerships
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you

AndrewH
Site Admin

Post by AndrewH » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:16 pm

Settings, player, audio, "replay-gain" is already there to do exactly that. Thank Tony ;-)
AndrewH wrote:Hi Beowulf, it's a good question, whether done song by song, or at the operation level. Many amplifiers have that feature, it allows for a more consistent listening experience if you need to manage that. I've captured it and will investigate. thanks, andrew
beowulf wrote:A request:

Thanks, and best,
Beowulfila.
BluOS Product guy; Development and Partnerships
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:19 pm

AndrewH wrote:Thank Tony
No worries sir..

Robert

Post by Robert » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:39 am

Hello Bluesound People
I recently purchased a Node2 and Flex. Am enjoying the system and though there were some connection issues your support system was excellent in getting it running. The sound is excellent, and many of the features are much appreciated. I've been praising the system to my friends.
Unfortunately the system is awkward with the way I've been ordering my digital music for the last couple of decades (on my PC with Winamp, etc, & on portable devices.) I have some suggestions I'd like to make for future improvements, especially on file playback order. Is this the best part of the Forum to make them?

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi Robert

Awwh schucks :oops: :oops:

You can either start a new thread under General Discussions or you can e-mail your feedback to support@bluesound.com. Either way we will be happy to either help you out or at least forward the suggestions to our Quality Assurance team for review and consideration.

We read everything and do collect the information. Part of our development lifecycle (both hardware and software) is evaluating customer feedback such as those two channels along with App reviews, dealer suggestions, distributor suggestions, market predictions etc. and try to sift through ways to continue to make Bluesound and NAD Electronics Products featuring BluOS the very best they can be.

Granted we don't implement all ideas and some ideas take longer than others but we do try to listen to them all.

Thanks for #LivingHiFi

Tony Williamson
Product Support Manager
The BluOS Support Crew