Qobuz not delivering anything above 24/96 via Node 2i

Hear the difference of 24bit Audio
lectrolink

Qobuz not delivering anything above 24/96 via Node 2i

Post by lectrolink » Fri May 31, 2019 12:52 pm

I am running a Chord Qutest DAC out of my Node 2i. The DAC has colored lights to indicate what resolution the current signal is. The DAC correctly assigns color to Qobuz streams up to 24/96 (green light). However, any music that Qobuz says is above that (24/176, 24/192) continues to display a green light, indicating a 24/96 resolution. The light should display light blue at 176 and dark blue at 192. I have tested the DAC with a 24/176 file streaming from my laptop library vis the Blu app and it lighted light blue, so I know the combo of Node 2i and Qutest DAC is capable of higher resolutions. People using Roon do not seem to have this problem, but I am not looking to become a Roon user. Can anyone confirm this behavior, or come up with a solution? BTW, there is no setting that I know of on either the Node 2i or the BluSound app to enable higher res audio.

KriHad

Re: Qobuz not delivering anything above 24/96 via Node 2i

Post by KriHad » Fri May 31, 2019 3:35 pm

Have you checked the settings in the BluOS app for Qobuz and ensured it is set to "HD+ (24 bits up to 192 kHz)"?

With the setting "HD (24 bits up to 96 kHz)" the stream is limited to what you / your DAC indicates.

Best, KriHad
Pulse Soundbar 2i | Pulse Mini 2i | 3x Pulse Flex 2i
Wireless via TP-Link Deco M5 | Lossless via Radio Paradise, Tidal & USB

lectrolink

Re: Qobuz not delivering anything above 24/96 via Node 2i

Post by lectrolink » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:13 am

I finally figured out how to correctly configure the Qobuz service on the Blusound app for highest quality:
Choose Music Services
Choose Qobuz
Enter your login credntials, then scroll down and choose the sound quality
Click Update button

That's it-- not terribly intuitive, as I kept looking for something to adjust in Settings and Help.