Bluesound Volume Control from iDevice's physical buttons

The Bluesound App for iOS
CurtisHead

Bluesound Volume Control from iDevice's physical buttons

Post by CurtisHead » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:50 pm

Hello,
I know that you are already aware about the bug.
I suppose it is the reason of disappearance of volume control from physical iDevice buttons since the last version of BluOs controller.

What I don’t understand is why it is so difficult on iOS to make it works as on Android ?
Why the BluOs app needs (before last version) to be on screen to make volume control available with up and down physical buttons ? On Android devices, it works even if bluOs is in background, or even if the device’s screen is off.
I know that architecture and roots of softwares are totally differents, but can we expect that it will work some day ?
At least, is it planed to get back the volume control as before ?

Kind regards.
Pulse2 + Pulse Mini •• BluOS 3.2.10 •• wifi access to library (±19000 files) on Synology Server •• app iOS 3.2.0 on iPhone 6 with iOS 12.1

Roamingstudio

Re: Bluesound Volume Control from iDevice's physical buttons

Post by Roamingstudio » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:25 am

I too noticed it stopped working after an iOS update.
Apple like to make changes to what functions are available and as an app developer we often discover things disappear...

TonyW
Site Admin

Post by TonyW » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:44 am

Roamingstudio wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:25 am
Apple like to make changes to what functions are available and as an app developer we often discover things disappear...
Correct assessment - when working with mutual partners such as Apple, Android, Spotify, Tidal and countless others, not all decisions are our choice, some are negotiations, and some are hard and fast rules.

Thanks for understanding
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you.

CurtisHead

Post by CurtisHead » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:10 am

Thanks for answers.
Pulse2 + Pulse Mini •• BluOS 3.2.10 •• wifi access to library (±19000 files) on Synology Server •• app iOS 3.2.0 on iPhone 6 with iOS 12.1