Surround sound support?

Answers on the Bluesound DAC
braino

Re: Surround sound support?

Post by braino » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:30 pm

SeppiE wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:56 pm
I think... some are hoping for surround without the SoundBar involved?
Yes, this. I don't need another device connected to my TV already have the AV receiver but currently only have left, right and centre speakers connected. I have a Node 2 connected to the receiver and would appreciate the ability to add rears using a pair of Flex's.
| Node 2 | Pulse | Pulse Mini x 2 | Pulse Flex 2i | Pulse Flex x 2 | NAD T755 | NAD C 272 | B&W CDM SE |
| Schiit Bifrost Multibit | NAD C 368 | MDC BluOS 2 | B&W 685 S2 | PSB CS500

dibb

Post by dibb » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:27 am

It would be very nice if I could use my Genelecs connected to my Node2 as rear speakers together with a Pulse Sound Bar..

Viktor

Post by Viktor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:49 am

Any news on the surround sound functionality with Powernode 2 and two Flex’s as rear speakers? Is it even on the cards?

Viktor

Post by Viktor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:29 am

So... Any news on this matter? I'm worried the new Sonos amp will be a contender to the Powernode 2 and I will eventually have to abandon Bluesound. At the moment I can't justify another flex but if they were able to use as back channels in a 4.0 or 4.1 system I'd happily get another one. It seems to me like it's a lot of talk and less work being done. At least that's how I feel when I speak to the people selling Bluesound here in Sweden. I've been told for more than a year now that what I'm requesting is going to be a reality soon.. I'd like it to happen now.

So please shed som light on this.

blueuser

Post by blueuser » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:58 am

Creating a surround system with my powernode2 would be awesome and it would easily motivate a buy of two new Pulse Flex speakers. Since I'm a little bit unhappy with missing out on airplay 2, that would partly solve that problem too. Getting a new speaker just to get airplay 2 still makes me feel somewhat cheated.

Thestroyer

Post by Thestroyer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:01 am

I’ve got a system with a powernode 2i with B&W 686 s2 speakers and I would really love if there was surround support. I would buy more bluesound speakers immediately. Please give us an update on the matter.

AndrewH
Site Admin

Post by AndrewH » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:44 pm

There are two parts to this, one is adding more options for the fixed groups under home theatre and the 2nd is to add a simple matrixed audio so the rears have audio all of the time instead of just when Dolby content is present.

We are working on both. PN2/i will be the next option, no timeline set yet though.
Thestroyer wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:01 am
I’ve got a system with a powernode 2i with B&W 686 s2 speakers and I would really love if there was surround support. I would buy more bluesound speakers immediately. Please give us an update on the matter.
BluOS Product guy; Development and Partnerships
Need help? Select Help, Send Support Request in the App or e-mail us at support@bluesound.com and we will reach out to you