Cracking sound Pulse Mini 2i

Feedback and general discussions on sound quality and playback.
Andre

Re: Cracking sound Pulse Mini 2i

Post by Andre » Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 am

Meanwhile I got an answer that the problem was found and would be fixed in a software update.
Few weeks ago last software update was installed. Problem is partially solved. Settings to wide and treble max 3, there is no problem. Treble from 3.5 and above, sometimes the cracking noise is there. For me no problem, because treble is max at 2,5 or 3

DSOTM

Post by DSOTM » Sun May 19, 2019 5:30 am

From my understanding it was solved pretty good from BS team. But Aren’t those song you tested brickwalled to death? Just an observation from me. The only crackling noises I’ve heard from Spotify,sounded like an old vinyl player. But that was on the the old NODE2,now I have NODE2i. But the sounds I’ve heard was solved with a reboot. And can’t the tone settings make things worse? Is it okey now then,completely okey?

Andre

Post by Andre » Thu May 30, 2019 7:02 am

I made a further investigation:
- Spotify playlist: Ultimate Summer Party / song-Jackie Chan from Tiësto (explicite)….around 1 minute 25 sec the cracking sound is there.
The same song in Spotify, from several playlists or albums - same thing.
Soundsettings in BlueOS: ambient - wide / extra wide, then there is the sound, ambient off, no problem.
The sound is like your speaker is blown up.
- Song Jackie Chan played from my own NAS - Album Hitzone Best of 2018 - no problem in the song, ambient on or off.
Song mediainfo: 320Kb/s, 44.1Hz, 2-channel, MPegAudio version 1, layer 3. (MP3)

Conclusion:
it is the combination Bluesound Mini 2i / Spotify or just a Spotify problem, but only with the Mini 2i.
My other Bluesound speakers do no have this problem.

I think the major problem comes from Spotify and then there is something in the media what can't be well handeled by the Mini 2i.
It's very strange.

SeppiE

Post by SeppiE » Thu May 30, 2019 7:20 am

I think Spotify normalises playback at their end with Replay-gain which can cause distortion, not sure how it works in conjunction with the settings in Bluesound.

Andre

Post by Andre » Thu May 30, 2019 8:15 am

@seppie ....

now you mention this. In my BLuOS soundsettings i set Replay-gain to "album level".
I will set this to "off" and test again. I will let you know my findings.

Andre

Post by Andre » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:26 am

tested it, but nog change.

Royce

Post by Royce » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:31 am

I also still have it..